VECA Electric & Technologies has an opening for a Preconstruction Manager for our Seattle location.
VECA is one of the largest electrical subcontractors in the Pacific Northwest. We have deep roots in the area that are built on long-term relationships that we’ve cultivated with trust and integrity. We believe that true success comes from being able to work together collaboratively for the greater good. Our craftsmanship and unparalleled service are what differentiates us from our competitors regardless of project size.
VECA is full of great people - that’s what makes us a unique company. Our belief in the success of individuals is a core value that allows us to achieve outstanding results. We are confident that given the opportunity, every person will achieve great things. Each individual has a unique set of strengths. By using those strengths in your own personal way, you will solve problems and experience an enriched life. Our job is to help you believe in your potential, and to provide opportunities to step into the role that uses your potential – for your own benefit and for the benefit of VECA
Position Title: Preconstruction Manager
Position Summary: This person will be involved in project pursuits, proposals, budgets, interviews, and managing multiple projects through design completion. They will be responsible for successful completion of the preconstruction process of an assigned project from pursuit to start of construction.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the electrical Industry with a min of 5 years in preconstruction or senior project management.
- Must have strong leadership skills, strong oral communication skills, active listening skills, and excellent writing skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with or without direction and prioritize tasks to meet stringent deadlines.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with a variety of personalities.
- Sound working knowledge of all MS office applications and Accubid Enterprise required.
- A working knowledge of all applicable disciplines of construction drawings required. General construction experience required.
- Strong understanding of both design and schedule scheduling utilizing pull planning and CPM schedules.
- Must be able to plan and manage multiple design-build & design-assist projects in close coordination with the General Contractor, Design Team, and Project Ownership to achieve the client’s goals.
- Must have experience being part of an RFP team and developing the proposal response.
- Ability to build key relationships to foster a culture of success.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to any challenge that arises on a project.
- Must be able to develop conceptual estimates from schematic or concept level documentation.
- Ability to make informed predictions as it relates to project costs.
- Ability to partner with the Estimating Department to prepare detailed estimates and scope proposals, and as the design progresses, develop detailed variances summaries.
- Must be able to lead a formal presentation of VECA’s estimate/budget, scope, and approach to a client.
- Must be able to communicate constructability concerns and guide the project to overall feasibility.
- Perform project setup duties, conduct preconstruction kickoff meetings.
- Must be able to lead a project team during the preconstruction process.
- Partner with other internal stakeholders on all financial aspects of a project through ongoing job forecasting.
- Ability to review construction contracts to ensure accurate scope of work.
- Maintain a close working relationship with vendors and subcontractors through the design process. Initiate subcontracts and purchase orders when required.
- Ability to engage in business development with new and existing clients.
- Produce project-based reports internally and externally
- Must be willing to adhere to all company policies & procedures.
- Responsible for the development and enforcement of policies, structure, reports and procedures within the department.
Physical Demands: To perform the essential functions of this job the employee needs to work effectively in a variety of work site scenarios including remote construction job sites. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Industry Leading Compensation
- Medical/Dental/Vision plan after 1 full month employment
- Automatic 401K plan participation after 3 months’ employment
- Flex plan
- Sick Leave – Accrued at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked. 72 hours of carryover permissible annually.
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued during first year
- Employee Assistance Program
- This position is salaried
Please submit your resume with all of the following:
- Chronological employment history
- Significant Project Achievements
- Related Professional Education
- Professional References
VECA Electric & Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. We make a special effort to include minorities, women, disabled and veteran candidates in our employment selection pools. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
This position will be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug and alcohol test and the results of a background check. Marijuana is considered a prohibited substance in accordance with VECA’s drug policy.