VECA Electric & Technologies, LLC has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Agent in our Seattle office. This position will assist in the acquisition of materials and supplies that are critical to the success of our projects and business operations.
Purchasing Agent Job Responsibilities:
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role
- Solicit bids based on material requisitions provided. Verify accuracy of quoted BOM to material requisition.
- Issue Purchase Order's to distributors.
- Issue PO's to employees.
- Obtain competitive pricing on Bills of Material.
- Data Entry including but not limited to: entering daily orders, matching/processing invoices & entering invoices into accounts payable software.
- Work with Warehouse Manager to track incoming & outgoing orders, returns to vendors, warehouse receiving (back-up) & check material requisitions again current stock.
- Track credits from vendors.
- Manage Lot Project Jobs: Issue PO's, releases, coordinate deliveries to site & proof of deliveries.
- Provide purchase planning and cost control information by working with Project Managers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner
- Ability to be a self-starter and manage a fluctuating workload
- Willing to proactively manage responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Purchasing and Purchasing team to maximize productivity
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Word) & Bluebeam or Adobe
- Spectrum experience a plus, but not required
- Experience in Electrical or relevant construction fields
- Medical/Dental/Vision plan after 1 full month employment
- Automatic 401K plan participation after 6 months employment
- Aflac – Supplementary insurance available (employee option)
- 125 Cafeteria plan
- 1 hour of sick leave with every 30 hours worked. 72 hours of rollover yearly.
- 2 weeks vacation earned during first year with roll over
- Salary DOE
VECA Electric & Technologies, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. We make a special effort to include minorities, women, disabled and veteran candidates in our employment selection pools. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
This position will be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug and alcohol test and the results of a background check. Marijuana is considered a prohibited substance in accordance with VECA’s drug policy.