VECA is looking for highly motivated people to join a fast paced MEP/BIM Coordination Team in Seattle. Solid 3D experience is required, as is a willingness to learn and expand your knowledge in the ever-changing world of construction.
The Position Criterion Includes:
· Experience in the electrical industry as an electrical estimator
· Able to take ownership of a project and research required information without direction
· Self-starter with the ability to work with or without direction
· Ability to prioritize tasks to meet stringent deadlines
· Detail-oriented with demonstrated excellent organizational and communication skills
· Positive attitude, flexibility and the ability to operate in a constantly changing environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills paired with sound business acumen a must
· Ability to work well with all types of people under stressful or deadline situations.
· Proficient with ACCUBID Electrical Estimating Program.
· Understand Schematic design and development estimates from design drawings and a design narrative
· Must have a good understanding of the job closeout process
· Experience in writing complete and accurate scope letters
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Comprehension and utilization experience of construction schedules and manpower loading in Microsoft Project
· Ability to put together preliminary load calculations to size switchgear.
· Understand lighting design
· Knowledge of State Energy Codes and how they apply to electrical systems
· Have a good understanding of current national electrical codes
§ Medical/Dental/Vision plan after 1 full month employment
§ Automatic 401K plan participation after 6 months employment
§ Aflac – Supplementary insurance available (employee option)
§ 125 Cafeteria plan
§ 9 days sick leave a year
§ 2 weeks vacation earned during first year
Salary dependent on skills. VECA Electric Co. Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. We make a special effort to include minorities, women, disabled and veteran candidates in our employment selection pools. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
This position will be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug and alcohol test and the results of a background check.